Who We Are
Why choose the U.S. Grains Council?
The U.S. Grains Council promotes barley, corn and sorghum to foreign markets overseas through innovative global programs. Join us and work in the exciting and dynamic world of international trade.
The U.S. Grains Council is a team of bright, talented individuals representing different cultures, backgrounds and points of view. Our shared beliefs are the underlying values that contribute to long-lasting success. They are simple, yet powerful statements about what we value and how we act individually and as a global organization.
- Commitment to each other
- Outstanding value to our members
- Strength from cultural diversity
If you are looking for a career in which you can truly make a difference in people's lives, consider the U.S. Grains Council. Opportunities exist for people who are results-oriented, flexible and dedicated. If you are: highly motivated and prepared to work as part of a team, a good communicator and a good listener, and honest and innovative, the U.S. Grains Council may be the place for you.
The U.S. Grains Council offers attractive compensation and benefits, flexible work schedules, global opportunities, and activities to help you develop both personally and professionally.
What can you expect from the Council?
- A commitment to high performance
- A commitment to learning
- A commitment to personal well-being
The Council's success starts with our staff. Our organization's growth, innovation and success have always been based on deep respect for the unique individuality and potential of each employee.
Job Opportunities for People with Disabilities
The Council recognizes that people with disabilities have a right to full and fair consideration for any job for which they apply. We strive to offer an environment in which all people can reach their highest potential and make a difference. Having a disability will not be a disadvantage to you being considered as an applicant for employment.
The U.S. Grains Council is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All replies will be held and treated confidentially.
The U.S. Grains Council does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, disability, political beliefs, sexual orientation or marital/family status. Persons with disabilities, who require alternative means for communication of program information, should contact us.
- Complete all necessary arrangements to assure that objectives of consultant travel are met;
- Manage all aspects of preparation for foreign delegations traveling to and within the United States, including travel logistics, meeting itineraries, and preparation of briefing materials;
- Coordinate all consultant and team preparation with appropriate Council/Washington staff, and maintain records;
- Ensure all meeting arrangements, logistics and briefing material is prepared for all international teams and reverse trade missions. Ensures briefing materials are sent to participants two weeks prior to travel;
- Assist the Senior Director of Global Programs in membership servicing, including responding to informational requests from Council members and maintaining the trade team database with current information.
Minimum Requirements: Master’s degree in Tourism Administration, 12-months’ experience in Event and Program Planning or Development, and experience using Microsoft applications including SharePoint. Full time position.