- 7.5 MMT animal feed market
- 3rd largest per capita consumer of poultry in the word – 46.5 kgs/capita.
- Broiler feed makes up the majority of the countries feed demand.
- Major importer of processed food.
- Palm by-products compete for energy demand in animal feed rations.
- One of the most developed countries in Southeast Asia.
- Middle class and above make up over 50% of the population.
- Developing tech and manufacturing sectors.
- Key policy broker in ASEAN.
Trade and Market Share Overview
- Traditional feed mix of corn and SBM preferred.
- Low U.S. corn market share due to South American quality preference.
- Storability and trans equatorial product integrity hinder U.S. imports.
- Few large poultry integrators make up most of the market.
- 0% tariff on corn by-products.
- Relatively open trade policies.
- Does not have an ethanol mandate.
- Strong biodiesel policy based on its domestic palm oil industry.