- 7.3 MMT Animal feed market
- 3rd largest per capita consumer of poultry in the word – 46.5 kgs/capita.
- Broiler feed makes up the majority of the countries feed demand.
- Major importer of processed food.
- Palm by-products compete for energy demand.
- Population / growth: 32 million / 1.3%
- Urban % / growth: 76% / 2.3%
- GDP / growth (PPP): $312.4 billion / 5.9%
- GDP per capita (PPP): $29,100
- One of the most developed countries in Southeast Asia
- Middle class and above make up over 50% of the population
- Developing tech and manufacturing sectors.
Trade and Market Share Issues
- Relatively high buyer sophistication.
- Low U.S. corn market share due to S.A. quality preference.
- Storability and trans equatorial product integrity hinders U.S. imports
- Few large poultry integrator make up most of the market.
- Established SBM imports from U.S. Poultry producer interest in grocery boats.
- 0% tariff on corn by-products.
- Relatively open trade policies.
- Does not have an ethanol mandate.