High-profile speakers including keynote Roger Watchorn, group leader at Cargill Agriculture Supply Chain North America (CASCNA), will share critical information on the current market, supply chain and trade environment for U.S. coarse grains and related products during Export Exchange 2018.
Scheduled for Oct. 22-24 in Minneapolis, nearly 500 attendees – including 200 international participants from more than 30 countries – are expected to participate in the biennial event, sponsored by the U.S. Grains Council (USGC), Growth Energy and the Renewable Fuels Association (RFA).
Watchorn and his team are responsible for setting the culture and strategic direction for the domestic and export grain, oilseed processing, crop inputs, biodiesel, and Cargill Marine & Terminals businesses in Canada, the United States and Mexico. His remarks will focus on the achievements and challenges of the supply chain for U.S. coarse grains and co-products in today’s trade environment.
“Watchorn will bring a fresh perspective to Export Exchange on the burgeoning international grains market and the trends and future of it from the supply chain perspective,” said USGC Chairman Jim Stitzlein, in a press release about the event. “We look forward to hosting him and getting his unique insight into the industry.”
Other speakers scheduled for Export Exchange will address critical issues facing U.S. agricultural exports, offering the customers and sellers in attendance an increased awareness of the benefits of U.S. coarse grains and co-products, including distiller’s dried grains with solubles (DDGS) and ethanol. The conference’s speaker line-up includes:
- Dr. Robert Johansson – USDA Chief Economist, who will speak about the USDA’s 10-year outlook for coarse grains.
- Florentino Lopez – United Sorghum Checkoff Program Executive Director, who will review the current status of the sorghum industry.
- Kelly Davis – Vice President, Regulatory Affairs, Renewable Fuels Association, who will discuss the importance of food safety regulations for manufacturers of DDGS.
- Phil Smith – Nutritionist, Tyson Foods, who will share the latest news on DDGS nutrition, feed formulation and research.
- Bill Holbrook – Senior Analyst, ProExporter, who will give an update on the production supply and demand of U.S. DDGS.
About the U.S. Grains Council
The U.S. Grains Council develops export markets for U.S. barley, corn, sorghum and related products including distiller’s dried grains with solubles (DDGS) and ethanol. With full-time presence in 13 key markets and representatives in an additional 15 locations, the Council operates programs in more than 50 countries and the European Union. The Council believes exports are vital to global economic development and to U.S. agriculture’s profitability. Detailed information about the Council and its programs is online at www.grains.org.