We have been pleased to host a series of regional trade schools in 2022 for farmer members and stakeholders, sponsored by the U.S. Grains Council (USGC) and National Corn Growers Association (NCGA) with our state partners. Details on those both past and upcoming are below!
Upcoming Trade Schools
The Indiana Corn Marketing Council, Ohio Corn & Wheat, Kentucky Corn Growers Association, National Corn Growers Association and U.S. Grains Council are hosting a trade school for producers and agribusinesses. We invite you to attend this free informative and interactive event! For questions about the event, please contact Ellen Zimmerman, director of industry relations for the U.S. Grains Council, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 202-794-0455.
Date: Wednesday, December 7, 2022, 8:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
*Optional tour available afterwards!
Location: Kentucky International Convention Center
Address: 221 S. Fourth Street, Louisville, KY 40202
During this one-day event, attendees will explore a host of topics including:
- The structure and benefits of global trade for U.S. grains
- Hot topics in trade
- Local topics
- Farmer panel on working with trade policy and market development
For those driving to Louisville, parking is available at two on-site garages, Commonwealth Garage and the Cowger Garage. ADA accessible parking spaces are available. Taxi service and ridesharing are available for transportation to KICC from the airport. Parking rates are listed below:
0-1 Hour – $2
1-2 Hours – $4
2-3 Hours – $6
3-8 Hours – $8
8-24 Hours – $10
For questions about trade education events, contact Ellen Zimmerman, director of industry relations for the U.S. Grains Council, at ezimmerman (at) grains.org or 202-794-0455.
Past Trade School Events
The U.S. Grains Council (USGC) and National Corn Growers Association (NCGA) have offered a series of in-person trade school workshops since 2016. While each of these events has been different, they all focused on:
- the importance of trade to farmers and agriculture;
- current issues on the trade agenda; and
- how participants can talk about trade in their communities and organizations.
Past trade school events have included:
- August 2022 – Omaha, Nebraska – in partnership with Iowa Corn Growers, Nebraska Corn Growers Association, South Dakota Corn and the Yeutter Institute at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln, hosted by Green Plains
- June 2022 – Belton, Texas – in partnership with Bell County Farm Bureau, Texas Corn Producers Board, Texas Grain Sorghum Board, National Sorghum Producers, Sorghum Checkoff and Capital Farm Credit
- March 2022 – Alexandria, Minnesota – in partnership with the Minnesota Corn Research and Promotion Council, North Dakota Corn Utilization Council and Northern Crops Institute
- March 2020 – Burlington, Colorado – in partnership with Colorado Corn
- February 2020 – Moline, Illinois – in partnership with Iowa Corn and Illinois Corn
- February 2020 – Olathe, Kansas – in partnership with Kansas Corn, Nebraska Corn, Missouri Corn and Iowa Corn
- January 2020 – Indianapolis, Indiana – in partnership with the Indiana Corn Marketing Council, with participation from the Ohio Corn Marketing Board, the Michigan Corn Marketing Program and the Kentucky Corn Promotion Council
- December 2019 – Kent Island, Maryland – in partnership with the Maryland Grain Producers Board
- July 2019 – in association with Corn Congress, in Washington, D.C.
- June 2018 – in St. Louis
- June 2016 – in Washington, D.C.
Other Ways To Learn About Trade
If you’re diving into trade topics for the first time, looking to learn more about key topics like the WTO, China, USMCA and more, or wanting to find reports and podcasts to explore, check out our Learn About Trade page.
If you’re looking for tools to help you reach out to neighbors, colleagues, reporters or other audiences on trade topics, visit our Trade Toolkit page.