Welcome to the U.S. Grains Council’s trade education hub!
If you’re diving into trade topics for the first time, looking to learn more about key institutions like the WTO or agreements with China, USMCA and more – or wanting to find some fun reports and podcasts to explore, check out our Learn About Trade page.
If you’re looking for tools to help you reach out to neighbors, colleagues, reporters or other audiences on trade topics, visit our Trade Toolkit page.
The U.S. Grains Council (USGC) and National Corn Growers Association (NCGA) have offered a series of in-person trade school workshops since 2016. While each of these events is different, they all focus on:
- the importance of trade to farmers and agriculture;
- current issues on the trade agenda; and
- how participants can talk about trade in their communities and organizations.
More about future live trade school events will be added to this page as those programs are developed.
Looking for more information? Have a comment or suggestion? Email Melissa Kessler, USGC director of strategic relations, at mkessler (at) grains.org.
Past Trade School Events
In the winter of 2019/2020, USGC and NCGA partnered with nearly a dozen member organizations to offer a series of regional trade schools:
- March 11/12, 2020 – Burlington, Colorado – in partnership with Colorado Corn
- Feb. 19, 2020 – Moline, Illinois – in partnership with Iowa Corn and Illinois Corn
- Feb, 17, 2020 – Olathe, Kansas – in partnership with Kansas Corn, Nebraska Corn, Missouri Corn and Iowa Corn
- Jan. 21/22, 2020 – Indianapolis, Indiana – in partnership with the Indiana Corn Marketing Council, with participation from the Ohio Corn Marketing Board, the Michigan Corn Marketing Program and the Kentucky Corn Promotion Council
- Dec. 11, 2019 – Kent Island, Maryland – in partnership with the Maryland Grain Producers Board
Other trade school events have included:
- July 2019, in association with Corn Congress, in Washington, D.C.
- June 2018, in St. Louis
- June 2016, in Washington, D.C.