- Steady growth of corn imports, 1.9 MMT in 2016.
- Large local barley crop (3.5 MMT) reduced 2016 imports to 958 TMT.
- Growing imports of CGF and DDGS.
- Price-sensitive market with moderate emphasis on quality.
- Population: 34.8 million
- Population growth: 1.28%
- Urban %: 59.9%
- Urban growth: 2.2%
- GDP: $252.4 billion
- GDP growth: 2.9%
- GDP per capita: $7,606
- Open-market oriented economy with good diversity (13% agriculture, 29%indus try, 58% services).
- Government endorses economy reforms that resulted in low inflation and steady economic growth.
- Political stability and no security issues compared to neighboring countries to the west and the south.
- Potential to be conduit for trade to West African countries.
Trade and Market Share Issues
- Argentina cover 49% of corn imports. The U.S. is the 2rd largest exporter with 38%market share.
- The EU and the Ukraine are the main barley exporters to Morocco.
- No barley exports from the U.S.
- Poultry and dairy are the main consumers of imported corn.
- U.S.-Morocco FTA is no longer advantageous as other export origins receive the same import duties on corn and other feed products.
Feed Grains In All Forms
Marketing Year Sep 2016/Jun 2017:View U.S. Export Data by Country
Equivalent U.S Exports 96,878,392 (MT) 20%
Value $4,412,659,756 35%
Why Trade MattersLearn More