Why choose the U.S. Grains Council?
The U.S. Grains Council promotes barley, corn and sorghum to foreign markets overseas through innovative global programs. Join us and work in the exciting and dynamic world of international trade.
The U.S. Grains Council is a team of bright, talented individuals representing different cultures, backgrounds and points of view. Our shared beliefs are the underlying values that contribute to long-lasting success. They are simple, yet powerful statements about what we value and how we act individually and as a global organization.
- Commitment to each other
- Outstanding value to our members
- Strength from cultural diversity
If you are looking for a career in which you can truly make a difference in people's lives, consider the U.S. Grains Council. Opportunities exist for people who are results-oriented, flexible and dedicated. If you are: highly motivated and prepared to work as part of a team, a good communicator and a good listener, and honest and innovative, the U.S. Grains Council may be the place for you.
The U.S. Grains Council offers attractive compensation and benefits, flexible work schedules, global opportunities, and activities to help you develop both personally and professionally.
What can you expect from the Council?
- A commitment to high performance
- A commitment to learning
- A commitment to personal well-being
The Council's success starts with our staff. Our organization's growth, innovation and success have always been based on deep respect for the unique individuality and potential of each employee.
Job Opportunities for People with Disabilities
The Council recognizes that people with disabilities have a right to full and fair consideration for any job for which they apply. We strive to offer an environment in which all people can reach their highest potential and make a difference. Having a disability will not be a disadvantage to you being considered as an applicant for employment.
The U.S. Grains Council is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All replies will be held and treated confidentially.
The U.S. Grains Council does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, disability, political beliefs, sexual orientation or marital/family status. Persons with disabilities, who require alternative means for communication of program information, should contact us.
Manager of Global Trade
- Category: Employment
- Published on Friday, 15 November 2013 13:37
Title: Manager of Global Trade
Summary: Washington, D.C. based international market development organization recruiting a Manager of Global Trade. Position supports the organization's worldwide trade servicing, monitors and tracks trade issues and progress in expanding markets. Domestic and international travel of up to 30 percent.
- Commodity marketing experience, preferably in area of trading/merchandising grain and co-products (DDGS, CGF, CGM).
- Knowledge of contracting, risk management, freight logistics, export documentation.
- Cross-cultural skills acquired during a minimum of one year international activity.
- Experience in managing programs, including event planning.
- Ability to assess market opportunities and influence grain users and purchasing decision-makers.
- A university degree in a related agricultural field is required: agribusiness management, marketing, economics, grain science or animal science.
How to Apply:
Submit cover letter and resume by Dec. 2, 2013, to:
Highly competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package. EOE.